Educational Incentive Program
What is STP's Educational Incentive
- Designed to attract and train workers for STP and the nuclear
- Pays college costs and provides assistance to selected
students, helping them earn a specialized degree that prepares them
for positions as plant operators and technicians
- Funding assists up to 25 students annually, covering tuition,
fees, books, and providing monthly stipends and summer co-op
internships. STP is investing $4.2 million over 7 years in the EIP
to train approximately 265 entry-level employees.
See videos of actual program
participants talking about the EIP.
Who is eligible?
- Students and adults seeking a career change who are eligible
for admission to the schools listed below and desire to earn an
associate degree in Nuclear Power Technology, Process Technology
with Enhanced Nuclear Certifications, Instrumentation &
Control, Electrical Maintenance, Mechanical Maintenance, Chemistry,
and Radiation Protection, and degrees.
What's the degree program?
- A two-year degree program, developed in cooperation with Texas
- Trains students for positions as plant operators, health
physics, chemistry, and maintenance craft technical
Where can I enroll in the EIP?
The program is currently offered at:
What happens after I graduate?
Technical/EIP graduates will be qualified and eligible to
compete for apprentice positions at STP.
For more information
Contact Clarence Fenner at 361-972-8668.